- Proto-Pasta Carbon Fiber Reinforced PLA is an incredibly durable filament that resists bending and delivers a rock-solid feel
- This popular and exotic material's appearance is black matte, but - due to the embedded carbon particles - it really shimmers!
- Provides fabulous structural strength and layer adhesion with very low warpage
- Filament contains increased rigidity, therefore it has increased structural support built right in
- Perfect for printing items that do not bend, such as: frames, supports, propellers, and tools
- Stainless Steel Nozzle Recommended
- Usable on most PLA-compatible printers, such as Lulzbot, Makerbot, FlashForge, Dremel, Ultimaker, Printrbot, and more!
50 G Coil Sample of Proto-Pasta the Original Carbon Fiber PLA Composite Filament. The original is still the best! World's First Carbon Fiber PLA was kickstarted by ProtoPlant more than 2 years ago. Others try, but can't match the quality and ease of printing experience afforded by this product. Now available at a cost low enough for everyday printing, try a mammoth 3kg spool for large format printing! 1.75mm diameter 3kg spools contain more than 1 km of filament! How cool is that?!?! Proto-pasta Carbon Fiber PLA is based on our easy printing, high quality PLA. Made from the highest quality, dry ingredients and extruded with care in our Washington facility on our own purpose-built extrusion systems. CFPLA prints are demonstrably more rigid with easy processing (often using standard PLA settings) and support removal. Excellent layer adhesion and minimal warpage even without a heated bed make this a great everyday exotic for accurate parts. Layer lines disappear with the beautiful matte black finish. Also has a slight sheen due to the embedded carbon making it very photogenic!
In filament form, CFPLA is slightly more brittle than standard PLA, and requires extra care when handling.