LAYWOOD wood filament in light cherry color. Allows you to give your prints a fantastic wood texture.
You can print the filament in a range from 175°C to 250°C. Printing at lower temperatures will produce a brighter color while printing at higher temperatures will create a darker print. The printed wood will appear rough, similar to MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard). Playing a little with the material feed settings brings more craters or a smoother surface.
– Very little warp
– Rough or smooth surface possible during one print
– Paintable, grindable, carvable and stainable
– Printable tree-rings
– No heated bed necessary
– Contains recycled wood and harmless binding polymers (still, we don’t recommend ingesting)
– Similar thermal durability as PLA
– No need to store in a sealed bag or use desiccant (wood loves humidity)
At print temperature LAYWOO-D3 is less viscous than PLA or ABS, a few extra steps can help improve your printing experience:
– Adding extra extrusion to the beginning of your print will help prevent dry extrusion during the initial layers.
– Increasing the retraction setting of your part during slicing will reduce ‘leakage’ while the hotend is moving between sections (especially over open areas).
LAYWOO-D3 will harden over time, for delicate parts allow 30-60 min for your print to set.
Alternating the temperature during your print (even by as little as 10 degrees) will vary the coloration, giving it a ‘grained’ look.